Monday, March 11, 2013

Week 1 - What is Web 2.0 - Comment on Library Technology Related Blog

I had a look at some of these blogs and became slightly overwhelmed.  There is all of this information out there, how does one keep up with it all?  Ah, I believe there are some ways of managing this by using some of these tools - might have to follow them on Twitter..... but in the meantime I particularly liked ReadWriteWeb (now ReadWrite) which isn't specifically about Information Management, but looks like a very good way to keep up to date with what is happening in the world of technology, which of course is essential when you work in the Information Management field.

I like the way this site is set out - it is very straight forward and easy to use.  You can go to a specific section you might be interested in, including Social, Mobile, Cloud, and you can also search the content.  There are also 'Hot Topics' you can keep up with.

I had a look at the 'About' section of the website and the editors and contributors all have good credentials.  The comments also seem to be written by people who really know what they are talking about and actually have some useful things to say.

This is now on my list of blogs/websites to monitor.

No comments:

Post a Comment