Tuesday, April 2, 2013
3b. Collaboration and the cloud
I have successfully used Google Docs with my fellow students for an assignment. It worked very well. I will use it again for group assignments. I haven't used Dropbox before, but I have just downloaded it. I can see that it will be very useful. I often email files to myself, or save things on to USB sticks, but there is always the danger of losing the USB stick, or it becoming corrupted and losing all the information stored on it - and the hassle of emailing files and losing track of versions. I will use Dropbox next time I have a file I need to access between different computers and see how it works.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Everyone's talking about Dropbox - definitely sounds like something I'm going to have to check out too. Being able to save a doc without a usb is very handy.
ReplyDeleteYes, I use Dropbox for work and personal stuff and find it incredibly useful. Highly recommended. I haven't used Google Docs before...That's the next venture I'm going to embark on.
ReplyDeleteGlad the videos I posted on my blog on Dropbox were of help. It is so much better than USB sticks - I wonder whether we will look at USB sticks like we do floppy discs now?
ReplyDeleteI just spent some time getting into Dropbox (not literally) and it's worth your while to spend an evening on it because its good for work and play. I think it is the best free cloud storage thing-y out there.
I too got into Google Docs with uni. It's really handy, isn't it?
E